CHAPTER HISTORY

History of Frederick (MD) Alumni Chapter

Earl Robbins, initiated at the Hampton Institute Chapter the Beta Chi (E) of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., and charter member of Ft. Lee (VA) Alumni Chapter, spearheaded the movement to bring Kappa to Western Maryland. He assembled a group of Kappa men and they petitioned the Fraternity for a chapter.

On March 27, 1982, the Frederick (MD) Alumni Chapter was established. The chartering ceremony was held at Ft. Detrick Officers’ Club and was attended by 250 guest to include the Mayor of Frederick, President of the City Council. Past Province Polemarch Clarence Nelson presided over the ceremony.

The Charter Officers were:

  • Earl Robbins

  • Frederick L. Greene

  • Elliott Deloch

  • Henry B. Lewis

  • Ulysses Bourne Jr.

  • Fred Hutchinson

  • Arthur Lancaster

  • LeCoast Mack

  • Walter H. Sanders

  • Theodore Stephens

PO Box 1273 Frederick, MD 21702